DURO M. ORAVSKY
|179 Walden drive, K2K 2K7, Ottawa, Canada
EXPERT MIDDLEWARE AND WEB SPECIALIST
Design, Implement, Administer and Monitor Web Applications
Recognized veteran Middleware and Web Specialist with fresh insight, passion for innovation and proven track record in designing, implementing, monitoring, administering, performance tuning and testing web applications. Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to manage large scale production systems. Confident decision-maker and effective problem solver, able to work independently or lead a dedicated result oriented team. Excellent background and qualifications in Cloud, Containers and Web related technologies. Multilingual working experience with large international companies.
To obtain challenging Senior Position with focus on designing, delivering and managing successful cloud based Web Applications
in well established company in the Greater Ottawa Area
Middleware: JBoss 4,5,6,7; IBM WebSphere 4,5,6,7,8; Tomcat 6,7,8; PHP
Web Servers; LBs: Apache 2.X; IBM HTTP Web Server; IIS 5,6,7; Nginx, NginxPlus; Pound
Content Management: ATG 9, 10,11; Oracle WebCentre Sites 7,10; SAP HybrisBR>
Scripting: JBOSS CLI, ANT; WSADMIN; WSCP; JACL
MONITORING AND TESTING:
Monitoring: Nagios; Icinga; Grafana; ManageEngine’s Applications Manager; PureAgent
Log Analyzers: GoAccess; WeblogExpert; Analog; WebTrends; Custom Scripts in Perl; Munin
Web Scripting: Perl; Wget; Openssl; Minq’s PureTest; Firefox’s extensions; Fiddler; Postman
Load Testing: JMeter; Mercury’s Loadrunner, Radview’s WebLoad; Minq’s PureLoad
Troubleshooting: WireShark; Fiddler; VisualVM; JMXTerm
UNIX: Linux Redhat 5,6,7; Centos 5,6,7; Debian; AIX; Sun Solaris
Windows: Windows Server 2008, 2012
Shells: SH, BASH, KSH; CSH
Languages: C; Java; Perl
DB: SQL; PL/SQL
Cloud Providers: Amazon Web Services; RackSpace
CDN Providers: Akamai; CloudFlare
Monitoring: SmartBear; NewRelic; DynaTrace; Nginx Amplify; Loggly; PaperTrail; Splunk
Virtualization: Docker; VMWare; VirtualBox
Version Managements: GIT; CVS
DB: Administration of ORACLE 9i, 8i, 7.3.4 , Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), WEB DB (Portals), SqlPlus, JDeveloper, Developer
PKI: keytool; openssl; pk12util, certutil
EXPERT SYSTEM ENGINEER AND ENVIRONMENT SPECIALIST
Thinkwrap Commerce is a canadian e-Commerce company, #159 in 2016 in the list of Canadian IT companies
Projects for more than 15 large Canadian and American customers with e-Commerce platforms
Achievements - Technical:
- Supported over 15 e-Commerce customers in their production environments using Jboss and Tomcat
- Helped to design new SAP Hybris based environments with Tomcat as application server.
- Supported and Maintained full stack of Oracle ATG installations running corporate online store for customers like Princess Auto, Simons, Woolrich and SportingLife.
- Designed , Developed and Maintained custom monitoring system, that enabled Thinkwrap to have easy to use, detailed control over current status of each complex production system.
- Designed , Developed and Maintained custom log parsing system for Apache/NGINX, Jboss/Tomcat and SOLR logs, that enabled Thinkwrap detailed understanding of traffic patterns, crawler activity and D/DOS attacks.
- Designed and Implemented regular LogAnalysis and LogReview process, that allowed Thinkwrap to better manage production environments by understanding the Application Server logs.
- Performed full Environment Performance Reviews for all customers and suggested steps to improve stability, capacity and failover capabilities of Production environments for Black Friday sales.
- Supported and facilitated LoadTesting activities for selected customers using Jmeter scripts.
- Involved in reviewing RACI metrics with selected customers.
- Designed and Implemented bot protection system that allowed Thinkwrap to prevent D/DOS attacks and crawling.
- Served as 3rd Level Escalation Subject Matter Expert for On-Call Personal
- Improved Thinkwrap Documentation by collecting capacity and performance related settings of each environment
- Involved in Daily Operation of all Production environments
- Regularly reviewed all Production Environments against Critical Security Patches released by vendors.
- Implemented and Managed usage of New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform for selected group of customers.
- Managed Amazon Web Services based Production environments
- Supported Implementation of CloudFlare CDN for multiple customers.
- Setup and Maintained External Web Monitoring solution using SmartBear platform.
- Supported availability monitoring for all elements of the production infrastructure using Icinga .
- Helped to Manage elements of PKI infrastructure for ThinkWrap’s customers, including SSL certificates, keystores and administered SSL key signing process.
- Served as a senior Subject Matter Expert, troubleshooted numerous issues on all levels of technology stack.
Achievements - Management:
- Managed small environment team, responsible for creation of environments for new customers.
- Developed and Implemented Process for environment Handover and Takeover from/to customers
- Prepared and Trained the Support Team for activities during Peak Traffic Periods like Black Friday.
- Lead War Room activities during Peak Traffic Periods like Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas.
- As part of Management Team, contributed to Employee Performance Reviews, Strategic Planning and represented the Support Team at company level meetings.
EXPERT MIDDLEWARE ADMINISTRATOR, SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARCHITECT
Corel Corporation is Canadian Software company, leading supplier of graphical software
Projects for all company’s dynamic web applications and integration with 3rd party suppliers
- Planned, Architected, Installed, Configured and Supported over 10 JBOSS installations with up to 6 different Applications Servers each, 4 WebSphere installations in a cluster mode.
- Supported and Maintained full stack of ATG installations, which was running corporate website and online store.
- Supported and Maintained Oracle WebCenter Sites installations, which was running corporate
- “in product messaging” platform.
- Designed , Developed and Maintained custom Administration Suite using Jenkins, SH and ANT scripts to automate all day-to-day tasks involved in administering the entire Web and JBOSS environments.
- Deployed and Supported over 20 corporate and B2C production web applications on regular basis.
- Contributed to company’s overall infrastructure architecture with regards to capacity planning, failover and scalability of production environments.
- Set Up fully load balanced, fault tollerant Web and JBOSS production environments from scratch, including Apache Server, JBOSS, ATG framework and custom J2EE extensions.
- Designed, Configured and Maintained availability monitoring for all artifacts of the production web infrastructure using Manage Engine’s Applications Manager, external Webmetrics.
- Provided Service Level Agreement Reporting for the executives.
- Planned, Setup and Maintained external web caching for major company websites using AKAMAI CDN.
- Lead Load Testing efforts for all production B2C Web Applications by using Mercury’s LoadRunner and JMeter, developing fitting customer behaviour model and improving the load testing process and documentation.
- Planned and Executed extensive performance fine-tuning of all production JBOSS Application Servers.
- Maintained Web, JBOSS and ATG security up-to-date, by reviewing and applying latest security patches.
- Supported 2 successful migrations from WebSphere to JBOSS Middleware, for various Corel product platforms.
- Over 8 years, Supported 3 migrations of corporate Data Centre, latest migration to Amazon Web Services cloud.
- Managed elements of Corel’s PKI infrastructure including SSL certificates, keystores and administered SSL key signing process using Entrust’s web interface.
- Served as resident Subject Matter Expert, troubleshooted numerous issues on all levels of technology stack.
- Administered local installation of Atlassians JIRA and WIKI products.
- Worked with Marketing team to Setup and Maintain SEO strategy using webserver URL rewriting.
- Helped to establish and Supported ITIL based Release Management Practice for all production artifacts.
- Developed custom Content Management System for publishing static web artifacts and redirects.
SENIOR WEBSPHERE AND WEB ADMINISTRATOR
Davis+Henderson is Canadian Enterprise and leader in serving the Canadian Financial Institutions since 1875
Projects for all major Canadian Financial Institutions to support Internet Cheque Ordering.
- Planned, Architected, Installed, Configured and Supported over 15 WebSphere installations with 16 different Applications Servers each
- Designed , Developed and Maintained Script Administration Suite using WSADMIN, KSH and JACL scripts to automate all day-to-day tasks involved in administering the entire Web and WebSphere environment
- Deployed and Supported over 20 corporate and B2C production web applications on regular basis
- Contributed to company’s overall hardware infrastructure design with regards to capacity planning, failover and scalability of production environments
- Set Up fully load balanced Web and WebSphere production environments from scratch, including IBM HTTP Server, IBM WebSphere, IBM Directory Server and custom legacy J2EE extensions
- Designed, Configured and Maintained scripts for availability monitoring for all elements of the production web infrastructure using Mercury Interactive’s SiteScope and SiteSeer.
- Designed and Supported Service Level Agreement Monitoring and Reporting for the executives using Gomez Monitoring Portfolio
- Supported and Contributed to Load Testing for all production B2C Web Applications by using WebLoad, developing fitting customer behaviour model and improving the load testing process and documentation.
- Planned and Executed extensive performance fine-tuning of all production WebSphere Application Servers
- Maintained Web and WebSphere security up-to-date by reviewing and applying latest security patches
- Architected, Set Up, Maintained and Tested company’s Disaster and Recover environment for all critical corporate and B2C web applications
- Supported migration of legacy java web applications to existing J2EE WebSphere platform as well as WebSphere migration from version 4.0.7 to version 5.1.1
- Contributed to company’s efforts of implementing internal controls based on ITIL, by writing numerous whitepapers on areas of expertise.
- Designed and Fine-Tuned Release Management Processes to minimize risk and customer impact for releases to production environment
- Managed elements of D+H’s PKI infrastructure including SSL certificates, keystores and proprietary encryption/decryption keys and libraries and administer SSL key signing process using Entrust’s web interface
WEB APPLICATIONS TEAM LEADER
- Lead Team of 4 to develop Internet Cheque Ordering Application for Credit Union DesJardins.
- Provide Expertise in designing Web Application
- Developed and Maintained artifacts for Web Applications
- Developed and Maintained Stored Procedures, Triggers and Packages in PL/SQL
Reuters is world leading global news and information company.
Projects for custom live stock exchange monitoring web application.
- Analyzed and Prototyped new Dynamic Web Pages Project using XML data format and XSL Transformations exceeding 2000 lines of code in JS and HTML, and over 1500 lines of code in XSLT.
The Markets Server and The Markets Monitor
SOFTWARE ENGINEER / DATABASE DEVELOPER
Siemens is international corporation and technological leader in Energy Management Software.
Projects for major local Power Suppliers worldwide including Germany, Singapore, Colombia and Switzerland.
- Developed and Maintained sophisticated Oracle GUI application as member of team, which was extending proprietary Siemens Energy Management Systems using Forms, SQL, PL/SQL, C, Pro*C, Pascal, and C-Shell scripts on SUN Solaris UNIX.
- Prototyped and Developed new add-ins for Distributed European Energy Management System, based on North American Model, using Oracle Developer 2000, PL/SQL and Perl. In charge of several DBA tasks on Windows NT.
- Developed and Maintained over 350 Stored Procedures, Triggers and Packages in PL/SQL.
- Constructed and Tuned more than 1000 complex SQL queries.
|INFOSTAT - Institute for Informatics and Statistics, Slovakia
||1995 – 1997
Infostat is National Statistics Agency of Slovakia, conducting major projects of governmental statistical researches.
Projects for Processing of collected Economical Data
RECENT PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Docker Containers (2017), AWS Administration (2017), NGINX Caching (2017)
Redhat Summit (2016), JBoss Application Administration (2013, 2011)
WebSphere Extended Deployment (2006), WebSphere Performance Tuning v5 (2005), WebSphere Migration v5 (2005), WebSphere Administration v5 (2004), WebSphere Administration v4 (2002)
Developer 2000 - Forms 5 (2000), WEB DB - Building Web Sites and Web Portals iDevelop (2000), Network Administration (2000), Backup and Recovery (2000), Database Administration (1999), Performance and Tuning (1999)
Usability in Graphical User Interfaces (2000), System Development Methodology (1999), UNIX courses (1998)
Comenius University, Slovakia
Master of Science in Theoretical Physics (1994)
Technical University, Austria
Students Exchange Program (1992)
3 time participant at World Championship (1999, 2000, 2010)
3 time participant at USA Championship (2003, 2004, 2006)
2007 Silver Medal Masters Division at Canadian Championship)
References [ Detailed References available upon request ]